The Catholic University of America

  • Event Planning Resources

    Planning events at CUA can be complicated without the proper understanding of the various aspects you need to consider. In addition, depending on your event, you may need to work with a number of different CUA departments and offices. The resources below will help guide you through those processes.

  • Request Campus Space

    Visit to reserve most campus rooms and outdoor areas as well as CUA vans*. For more information or assistance with reserving space on campus, please contact Conference Services at 202-319-5294.

    *Only certified University drivers are permitted to drive the CUA vans. In addition, student organizations must complete the appropriate trip forms before using one of the vans. For more information, visit

  • Request Pryzbyla Center Lobby Tables

    Registered student organizations may reserve a table in the Pryz lobby daily for any stretch of time between 7am-10pm. Because of the limited space available, groups may use only one table during a given day, although they may sign up for as many hours as desired based on availability. A maximum of two chairs will be provided at each table. Laptops are also available for reservation.


    Organizations can sign up for a table  at the Information Desk beginning at 4:00pm the day before. Reservations will be completed on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 4:00pm and continuing through the following day. 

    Organizations that do not arrive at their designated reservation start time will forfeit their table reservation for that day. Anyone who vacates a table in the middle of his or her reserved time also forfeits use of that table for the remainder of the reservation. 

    The full table reservation policy can be found at

  • Presenter Approval Process (Presentations/Speaker Policy)

    The Office of Campus Activities (OCA) is responsible for the implementation and enforcement of the Presentations Policy, as it applies to presentations proposed by registered student organizations.

    The Director of Campus Activities (or designee) will consider requests from registered student organizations to invite performers and/or speakers (individuals or groups) to campus. Requests should be submitted through the Student Organization Presenter Request Form a minimum of two weeks before your event. Since each request is considered individually, it may take up to a week before you receive a response. It is important that organizations do not invite speakers/performers to campus until the request has been approved.

    If your organization is looking for someone to present on a particular topic but you don't have anyone in mind, the Office of Alumni Relations may be able to help! Contact Kyra Lyons at for assistance with identifying possible alumni speakers.

  • Popcorn Machine Rental

    Student organizations can rent the popcorn machine for a nominal cost through Pryzbyla Management. In general, the popcorn machine may be used for Pryzbyla Center events only. The organization borrowing the equipment is responsible for the popcorn machine during the rental period and will be charged for any damages.

    For more information about the popcorn achine rental, visit

  • Program Board Equipment Request

    The student organization, Program Board, has some larger equipment that is available for all student organizations to use free of charge. If you are interested in a Fender sound system, microphones, a hand truck, or any of the equipment used to set up Movies on the Mall, please fill out this form on The Nest:

    All questions can be directed to Program Board's Vice President of Administration, Rania Abousleiman at

  • Cardinal Productions

    Cardinal Productions has a range of rental resources available if amplified sound or additional sound services are needed, (e.g. DJ services or speakers for a large outdoor event or concert). 

    Sound production and DJ services can be requested by contacting

  • Screening Films on Campus

    For any official student organization event involving a film screening, the student organization must purchase the rights to screen the film on campus. If you are a student organization requesting funds for a movie screening, please ask OCA for a quote of the movie you have in mind along with the size of the audience you expect before requesting money for other parts of the event from the Treasury Board.

    The Office of Campus Activities frequently works with Swank Motion Pictures to procure rights to films being screened on campus. The Office of Campus Activities staff can assist student organizations with contacting our representative at Swank. Just stop by the office or email

    Films deemed morally offensive by the USCCB will not be permitted to be screened on campus. A list of recent films reviewed by the USCCB can be found here