All Student Organizations are able to rent CUA vans for a very low cost for travel within 150 miles of DC. Always try to reserve a CUA van through events.cua.edu prior to coordinating an off-campus rental vehicle. For more information on this service visit http://pryzbyla.cua.edu/eventplanning/requests/van.cfm
In the event that you are unable to reserve a CUA van, you need additional vehicles, or the travel restrictions do not allow you to use a CUA van, rental vehicles are another option. Before you consider renting a vehicle please note the following:
- All drivers of rental cars on behalf of CUA must be vehicle certified by completing the Vehicle Certification Process.
- For trips where a CPM van is not available CUA has rental agreements setup with Wheaton Nextcar. Student Organizations can rent all sizes of vehicles at reduced rates. To request a vehicle rental please complete the Bus & Vehicle Rental Request Form.
- Most Rental Companies will not rent to drivers under 21 (Both our Local Enterprise and Nextcar will rent to 18 and older).
- CUA will not allow groups to rent 15 passenger vans.
If you are still interested in renting a vehicle after reviewing the above details simply determine the appropriate rental process and follow the steps below:
Out of Town Rentals - If you need to rent a vehicle from somewhere other than DC you can contact Enterprise's Corporate office to setup your reservation. They can be reached at 1-800-261-7331. If you use this process please remember the following:
- When you setup your reservation be sure to provide CUA's Corporate Account Code which you can obtain by contacting OCA at email@example.com. You will need this code to ensure corporate pricing.
- Once the reservation is setup, you'll simply need to request the use of a Purchasing Card for "In Person Shopping". You would take the card with you to pay for when you pickup the vehicle.
- You can also use the same purchasing card for gas if your organization plans on paying for the gas for the rental vehicle. Be sure to include this estimate in your budget when you request the Purchasing Card.
- Be sure to collect a receipt when you return the vehicle and bring it to the OCA office as soon as possible (within 1 business day of returning to campus). In the event that you return the car after hours and are not given a receipt please provide the original rental agreement to OCA instead.
In Town Rentals - If you need to rent a vehicle from DC as mentioned above CUA has an agreement with Nextcar in Wheaton both of which provide reduced rates for Student Organizations. To setup this reservation you should not contact these places directly but instead you need to contact the OCA. Please note the following when using this process:
- To request a vehicle rental please complete the Bus & Vehicle Rental Request Form.
- Be sure to collect a receipt when you return the vehicle and bring it to the OCA office as soon as possible (within 1 business day).
Other Rentals - If there are additional variables that require you to use a different process you are more than welcome to coordinate rentals through other companies, other Enterprise locations, etc. If you have questions or need assistance feel free to contact OCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.